If your child will be four years old on or before September 15, 2016 he/she is eligible to attend the
Burlington Community School District’s
FREE Grayhound Preschool Program
For registration information, please call 753-6791, ext. 1410
What does the BCSD Grayhound Four-Year-Old Program Offer?
- A licensed teacher who is responsible for designing & implementing an effective learning environment using instructional strategies to enhance children’s learning.
- A minimum of 12 hours per week. Classes meet four days each week for three hours daily either in the morning or afternoon.
- Community Collaboration. Our program provides family involvement opportunities such as home visits, family nights and conferences.
- High Program Standards. The BCSD Grayhound program implements the Iowa Quality Preschool Program Standards.
- High Learning Standards. We have rigorous and relevant curriculum and assessments to enhance children’s strengths, interests & knowledge and alignment with K-12 standards and academic expectations.
- Appropriate adult-child ratio of 1 to 10 with a maximum group size of 20.
- Public School Opportunity. To help transition into the kindergarten experience.
BCSD Grayhound Preschool programs are available at the following locations:
Black Hawk Elementary, 2804 S 14th St. 753-5300
Corse Elementary, 700 S Starr Ave. 753-2707
Grimes Elementary, 800 South St. 753-0420
North Hill Elementary, 825 N 9th St. 753-6363
Sunnyside Elementary, 2040 Sunnyside Ave. 753-5244